Monday, August 27, 2012

Putting God first - every day

I've been working hard at getting my books in order.  I mean, REALLY hard.  Anyone who knows me knows how much I love books, and I have quite a few.....  My favorite pastimes are digging through them, reading them, and searching for more golden treasures.  I have a lot of books.  I am a bookaholic.  And I love admitting that.  Ha!

And you know, I realized something this morning during Bible class.  We were discussing things that get in the way of keeping our eyes fixed on Jesus (we were studying Hebrews 12).  As we were talking, it dawned on me that my books and getting the house organized and planning for school has taken a priority over being in God's Word daily.  Yikes!  What a humbling moment to realize that.  It's so easy to get sucked into things that don't really matter, even as you're trying to be all He wants you to be for Him.  How does that happen????  Oh, yeah - sin....  So glad God is a God of second chances - and third, and fourth, and 77th, and millionth....

So I need to get back into the habit of reading His Word daily before bed with my hubby.  And the kids and I need to get back into our habit of daily devotions (granted, this is worked into our school schedule, but we've been off all summer...  Time to get back into our routines!).  And Hubby and I really need to work out a way to fit in family devotions every day.

No comments: